About me

My name is Robert Salgado, but you guys can call me Max. I am a artist. I'm striving to do my best in school so that I can go to California Arts. I am a gamer and play on Play Station 3. I love to play First person Shooter games. Um I love to hear music my favorite band is Owl City. The school I go to is Linda Esperanza Marquez.

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Rehabilitation or Mental Health Counselors

Rehabilitation or Mental Health Counselors
Duties and Responsibilities:
Rehabilitation or mental health counselors work with the mentally, emotionally, and physically disabled. It is their job to help patients develop more faith in themselves. They work with patients to help them become self-sufficient and productive. Counselors often work closely with their patient’s doctor and family. Counselors may work in private practice, for schools, industry in the hospital or presidential health care settings Counselors often:
o   Work with patients who abuse alcohol or are addicted to drugs.
o   Interview and observe patients to determine problem areas.
o   Conduct personally, aptitude, achievement, and psychological test.
o   Help patients find and keep jobs
Average Salary: $25,000 - $45,000
Educational Requirements:
Students interested in becoming counselors should take a challenging high school curriculum.
A bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, or sociology is the minimum requirements for the level counseling jobs, but a master’s degree is required for most. To become licensed by a state, counselors must pass written and oral examination and work for about two years in supervised clinical setting.
Student Success Statement
“Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.”
Carol Burnett
Reflection: I think it means like for example. I can do everything for myself no one else can do it for me. I am my own hero, my own navigator, etc..



No comments:

Post a Comment